Meet our new Dir. of Business Development/Sr. Project ManagerPosted on June 25, 2015 by Edge GTS
EDGE – Global Technology Solutions is very happy to welcome Charles (Chuck) Hixon, our new Dir. of Business Development/Sr. Project Manager. Chuck will be responsible for further developing, enhancing and expanding our business development strategies to support EDGE growth objectives and goals He will also oversee and manage all EDGE projects and services to ensure staffing and quality assurance for each and every client.
A bit about Chuck:
He comes to us with 25 successful years as a Business Development Leader and former Director of IT in some of the leading national architecture and engineering consulting firms. He is also nationally recognized for his expertise in the use of 3D databases and has conducted over 120 conference presentations.
- Currently authoring “Visualization in Transportation: A Guide for Transportation Agencies” for the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) (2015)
- Smithsonian Institution Laureate winner for project management on the Public Broadcasting Corporation (PBS) documentary “Echoes from the Ancients”. (2000)
- Received a National Telly and Aurora Award for project management on the PBS documentary “Echoes from the Ancients”. (2000)
- Authored Synthesis 361, “Visualization for Project Development” for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) (2006)
- Authored “Visualization Issues for Transportation Agencies – Approaches and Challenges” for the TR News Magazine, September-October (2007)
- Founding board member for the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Committee on Visualization for Transportation (ABJ95).
- TRB Sub-Committee Co-Chairperson – Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) & Civil Integrated Management (CIM)
- Founding Board Member, Women in Transportation Seminar (WTS) Northeast Florida Chapter
- Penn State University Geodesign Advisory Board member
- East Stroudsburg University Professional Science Master¹s Advisory Board member